- Presenting "Bradford Big Top" ()"Bradford Big Top" ... It's new, and it's all for you! The 2014 Bradford County Fair is less than one week away, and Eagle Country 106.3 is getting pumped! Once again, Chuck, Miss Mary and I will ... [more]
- "Ladies And Gentlemen ... The Beatles" ()Hello! "The Beatles At 50," a LIVE one-hour, commerical-free presentation on Eagle Country 106.3, aired "Yesterday," Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014 at 8 p.m., exactly 50 years to the day, as well as the hour, ... [more]
- A Successful Showdown! ()Saturday night. 5:59. We are waiting behind the curtain with 15 talented acts, ready to perform. The spotlight sneaks upon the stage. It's 6 o'clock. Time to get this showdown on the road! Miss Mary ... [more]
- When it Pours...It's Raines ()Drip.....Drip....Drip..... The leaks were evident early on. But the dam held up despite the constant wave of pressure. Then it happened. At about the 1:38 mark of the First Quarter, the flood began. ... [more]
- Eastside Story ()It took Broadway by storm in 57. The Leonard Bernstein musical West Side Story spun a tale of a battle between rival gangs in the hardscrabble backstreets of New York. Fast forward 56 years and the ... [more]
- The Loneliest Number ()Harry Nilsson was right. The legendary singer/songwriter penned the song and placed it in his 1967 album entitled Aerial Ballet. Three Dog Night released it two years later in their debut album and ... [more]
A Reynolds Wrap
There could be a few raised eyebrows within the Purchasing Department of the Bradford County School System once the new Head Football Coach submits his first request for new equipment.
If you know anything about Steven Reynolds, the request would make perfect sense. After all, his players are known to perform as if "their hair was on fire."
The hiring was announced Wednesday afternoon as a Search Committee, Athletic Director Neil Chipoletti and Superintendent Moore wrapped up the process.
Reynolds was a blue collar lineman for Rowland Cummings at BHS in the early 2000's before matriculating to Jacksonville University where he was an all-conference player under Kerwin Bell. The past two years, he has served as Offensive Coordinator, Strength Coach and Offensive Line Coach for his alma mater.
To say that Steve Reynolds is a "high energy" type of guy is like saying that Lebron James is a good basketball player. It is an evident trait to all who know him or have witnessed his Coaching style. If you expect Bradford to play with emotion and intensity, you will not be disapointed.
However, now that he has made the transition to Head Coach, Reynolds is plenty smart enough to know when it is time to temper the fire and when it is appropriate to light the fuse. He will be able to assertain when the drink of choice should be Red Bull or decaf java.
While I have not seen any "Honk If You Have been Head Football Coach at BHS" bumper stickers on display, it is fair to say that the job has been somewhat of a revolving door the past two decades. Steve will be the 9th fellow to carry the title since the legendary David Hurse hung up his whistle following the 1990 season. You can bet that if Steve has his way the revolving door will be slammed shut. He is a Tornado through and through and now has his dream job. A student of the game, he lives and breathes all things football.
His energy will be put to good use in the days ahead as he must assemble a staff and prepare for spring Football just a month away.
Yes, the Reynolds era of Tornado football is now officially underway. Get ready to strap it on! It should be a fun ride ahead.