- This is for you, Terry Vaughan! ()
- Greetings from the Tardy Blogger ()Heidi Ho!! It's been a long time since I've been here to visit. A good friend of Chuck's, Bob Mitchell, named me the Tardy Blogger since I haven't updated in such a long time. Chuck and Bob have ... [more]
- Here, There and Everywhere ()Heidi Ho Neighbors!!! Hope everyone is doing well and getting your plans together for the summer time. As I'm sure you all know, Lyn graduated from University of Florida recently. She will be doing ... [more]
- BHS Softball: What a Ride! ()The game of life can provide us with a journey full of mountaintop experiences as well as the occasional venture into the valley. Some place so much emphasis on making it to a pre-determined ... [more]
- Queens of Clutch ()Back in the day, a guy named Jordan became a legend for making clutch plays in the playoffs when the game was on the line. On Thursday night, Jordan did it again. Different sport, gender and ... [more]
- " I Don't Want to Hear About the Labor..Show Me the Baby !" ()Perhaps its was appropriate that the old Firehouse on Jefferson Street was the setting for Coach Steve Reynolds address to the folks at First United Methodist Church last Wednesday evening. Heavy on ... [more]
New District, New Schedule Highlight 2011
"Change is inevitable..growth is optional."
The Bradford High Tornadoes will have the opportunity to test this axiom in 2011, as they will take on a new District slate and a refreshed schedule. Will the team remain hungry to prove they are ready to take the next step forward following a promising 7-3 season in 2010?
The new District BHS finds itself in presents a challenge, but the road to a playoff berth is very navigatible. Umatilla, South Sumter, Keystone Heights, Interlachen, and Mt. Dora are now District brethren, with Keystone the only leftover from last season's District schedule. Mt. Dora, led by uber-athlete Vegas Harley (great name, huh?), could prove to be the highest hurdle to overcome toward a possible District crown.
The best thing about the District? It is fair. There are no private schools in the bunch, ala Bolles, Trinity, etc.
As for the entire 2011 Schedule, it appears BHS was dealt a good hand. 6 home games! All of the chips could very well be on the table on November 4th when Mt. Dora ventures into David Hurse Stadium with a winner-take-all outcome for a District Championship a strong possibility.
Several old foes and a couple of new faces will be featured in the non-district slate. Palatka returns to the schedule after a long absence, as does Hamilton County. Hawthorne will be the Tornadoes first regular season road test and Oakleaf (a new program) will be the homecoming opponent.
The 2011 Tornado Schedule in full:
Aug. 26: @ Union Co. (Preseason Classic)
Sept. 2 (H) Palatka
Sept. 9 @ Hawthorne
Sept. 16 (H) Hamilton Co.
Sept. 23 (H) Umatilla*
Sept. 30 (H) Oakleaf (HC)
Oct. 7 @ S Sumter*
Oct. 14 OPEN DATE
Oct. 21 @ Keystone Hgts*
Oct. 28 @ Interlachen*
Nov. 4 (H) Mt. Dora*
Nov. 11 (H) Baker Co.
It will not be long before Spring Practice and Summer workouts will whet our appetite for the season ahead. As always, WEAG will be along for the ride with live broadcasts of every regular season game. And if BHS can break their 7 year postseason drought, we will be there to cover it, as well.
Coach Chip will enter his second year as Head Coach and his players are buying in to his vision.
My 26th year behind the mike as the Voice of Tornado Football just might be among the most exciting yet!
Lets get ready to rumble!